Stronger Communities for Children Program (SCfC) is a place-based community development initiative funded by the National Indigenous Australian Agency (NIAA) to support the safety, wellbeing and development of children and families in remote Indigenous communities across the Northern Territory.
The program aims to:
- Nurture early years development for children and young people.
- Enhance school readiness and attendance for children and young people.
- Provide engagement programs for children, young people, and families.
- Enhance cultural connection and participation.
- Improve safety for all community members in remote communities.
- Build capacity of Indigenous employees and organisations.
Wanta Aboriginal Corporation is the Facilitating Partner for Ntaria SCfC. We work together with the Local Community Board to fund, support and evaluate community-based programs. Since 2020 Wanta has funded 20 locally developed community programs in Ntaria to assist in the improvement and development of Indigenous children and their families.